Sunday, March 29, 2009

New life goal

I watched a piece on ESPN before the Cal State v. U Conn women's game today that gave me an idea for a new long term fitness/life goal. I want to participate in next year's Krispy Kreme Challenge. The tag line for the event is "4 miles, 1 hour, 12 doughnuts, 2400 calories". It's a charity event at NC State benefitting the North Carolina Children's Hospital. The goals is to run downhill two miles from the Belltower to the Krispy Kreme, eat a dozen doughnuts, and run back uphill two miles... in under an hour... without puking. Anyone who wouldn't want to do this is crazy... right?!

Laurel (one of the other grad students in our lab group) had asked me the Friday before if I wanted to join her this year, and I remember thinking with some shame "I don't know that I can run four miles." I was housesitting during the event, so I couldn't have gone even if I wanted to. But next year? I'll be ready. I'll train. And I'll eat. Anyone want to split a box?


Sport's Illustrated
"102 More Things You Gotta Do Before You Graduate": #85

No comments:

Post a Comment